Saturday 6 October 2012

Surma and Mursi Tribes cont.

The Surma and Mursi tribes are from the Omo Valley of Southern Ethiopia. They paint their bodies using pigment made from the earth, I was amazed by the amount of decoration achieved by natrual products. These images I posted previously of these tribes have really inspired me to look at using natrual products within my work as I think its a real eye opener. As well as the make up side of things it is clear from these images that the hair is never left out flowers, beads, twigs and feathers are seen adorning the head and framing the face. Again its made me think about unconventional objects that I could attach in and around the hair of my models.

1 comment:

  1. What type of natural products?

    Are there any equivalent products that you could use to experiment with? e.g. mud mask, face cream, coco powder, etc etc.

    This should be quick, simple and unconventional. Try it! I look forward to seeing photos, and experiments with products and materials.

    Remember to draw back into the products, don't just apply them.

    ReplyDelete