Saturday 6 October 2012

Wodaabe Tribe

A few minutes into my research and my first port of call is the Wodaabe Tribe and already I'm doubting myself. Have I got it wrong already? I assumed that the tribes would not be trying to create something beautiful with the make up just something with meaning. However the images above are amazing and the make up is applied with consideration and precision. The values of the tribe include beauty and the men take part in beauty contests, the make up is designed to pick out the most beautiful parts of the men and enhance them.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your commentary Hannah, please try to reflect like this on ALL of your pages. The points you make are interesting and informed, and there is a considered attempt to reflect your area of expertise - make-up.

    More please.

    ReplyDelete