Tuesday 6 November 2012

British Museum



































It has taken me a while to get round to this post however its finally here! A few weeks ago I went on a trip to London and whilst I was there I took a trip to the British Museum, it was really helpful and VERY interesting. The vast amount of rooms and treasures inspired me to get drawing. Everywhere I looked there were small ornaments and artifacts that I could draw patterns and colours from, not always in keeping with my theme but full of inspiration under the tribal umbrella. I'm not very good at drawing so a lot of the images you see are close up focusing on pattern as this is how I like to pull my inspiration. I also took some face charts with me and on a few occasions I drew patterns directly onto these, this is a very simple idea but if you can imagine this transferred on to the skin it would look amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment