Tuesday 6 November 2012

Experimenting with Structured hair



















After looking at images in fashion magazines of structured hair I was pleased to learn that we would be taught this in our next technical lesson. Using a dolls head I experimented by using objects in the hair to create shapes that could not be achieved with the hair alone. These objects included polystyrene balls and sponge that could be cut into any shape you wanted. I also used crepe hair to give the illusion of more hair where the wasn't enough real hair to use. Crepe hair is great to use because it comes in a range of colours. The results of this were basic however really helped me to understand how you could build on this to create amazing hair designs that would lend themselves to most themes. To be in keeping with my own theme of the Surma and Mursi tribes I would think about incorporating flowers, leaves and twigs within the hair designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment