Friday 30 November 2012

Moodboard Development

After producing the first mood boards for this project I have undertaken considerably more research and have really cemented in my mind the route that I want to go down with each image. For this reason I have produced two more mood boards. This time I have included some of my own work as well as work that I have researched and of course images of original tribal make up.

Editorial Mood Board- This mood board, I hope, clearly suggests a very intricate and detailed design that is effective. I want to go down a very monochrome colour theme however I do want to incorporate a splash of colour. Having looked as scarification and tattooing I want to make sure that I get an element of each in one of my looks and I feel that the editorial shoot is the most appropriate one to do this in, as it would be appreciated close up much more. This design will be all about texture of the skin and I have chosen a monochrome theme as I don't want colour to take away from the detail.



Catwalk Mood Board- This mood board is the much more colourful of the two. It displays work that I have produced myself and it is much more free and easy, less detailed and less precise in the application of make up. Thinking about the way this make up will be displayed, on a model walking the catwalk, it is important to bear in mind that the colours and patterns need to stand out from a distance and this is the reason I chose to use colour as a main focus for this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment