Friday 30 November 2012

Studio Mansol and CuldeSac









Below are some amazing images displaying a collaboration between the professional hairdressing academy Studio Mansol and Spanish designers CuldeSac. The images show how they have use plaited hair to create huge bonnets and unusual shawls. These images really inspire me to create really structural hair for my shoots, maybe on a slightly smaller scale!!! I think its really nice to see such a simple hairstyle such as the plait transformed into some amazing shapes and styles. To incorporate this more into the work that I am looking at I have added some images of the Surma and Mursi tribes in this post because when I have looked at these images side by side my imagination runs wild and I can really imagine a plaited hair design entwined with natural products to create something really beautiful. This is defiantly something I will go on to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment