Friday 30 November 2012

Manish Arora


















Manish Arora is a fashion designer now designing for the Paco Rabanne fashion house. I am looking at his work because I can see a strong link to colour, design and pattern that I have come across in my previous research that links with my tribal theme. I am aware, however, that the main influence is Indian culture. What I am most interested in is the make up designs produced for his catwalk shows. The bright colours and interesting shapes that are created in such simple yet effective designs really captured my attention. When designing my own catwalk look these are vital aspects that I need to take on board. I need to be able to capture the attention of the audience, however, create a look that can still be seen and appreciated from a distance. My two favourite make up looks I have seen in Manish Arora's catwalk shows are, the S/S 12 Paris Fashion Week, as the look was dramatic with masks of colour covering the eyes and intricate stick on eyebrows. This Look was Produced by make-up artist Carole Lasnier. The second look that captured my attention was from the, London Fashion Week A/W 2007. The look was striking with bold pattern applied to the head. The colour theme was mainly monochrome however there was a splash of colour which was very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment