Saturday 17 November 2012

Phyllis Cohen



















Phyllis Cohen is an art student who has no formal make up training, however, her work is often centered around the face and body. She describes herself as a 'face fanatic' as she has spent years researching and analysing the human face. When I came across her work unexpectedly one day when I was browsing the internet I was interested straight away. The work she produces on the face is detailed and intricate and this is something that I want to draw inspiration from for my editorial look. The other work shown in the images above is 'live sculpture', I think the way in which she had made real people look like statue is amazing! I was also interested in the textures that she has created on the skin and transformed what we see as normal. The images also have a tribal feel to them and the accessories used in the images are always well thought out. www.phylliscohen.co.uk images from wound magazine and tush magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment